Thursday, December 28, 2017

"Nana's Christmas Table - Color" 6 x 9 mixed

We spent a lovely Christmas afternoon at my mother-in-law's home.  Here is my drawing of Nana's Christmas table with color added.  She has a Dickens Christmas village on the bay window sill, windows lit.  When our daughter was little, she and Nana would set the houses up, decide on the arrangement and the careful placement of all the characters. The sun pours in through Nana's curtains across the table.  It was a fun day, great food, thoughtful gifts.  Thank you for looking.  This is my 88th daily drawing, technically, my 85th reworked with marker, color, and colored pencil.   I like thinking about how to create the illusion of the backlit table.  Thank you for looking, and for your thoughtful comments.  

No comments:

Post a Comment