Wednesday, December 13, 2017

"Cookie Baking" ink, marker, pencil 9 x 7

Our cat, Cookie, was a sweetie and picturesque.  She loved our wood stove, and parked herself on the hearth rug given the chance.  I love this image of her in front of the stove.  I designed the drawing to emphasize the sense of the space, with Cookie staring into the depth of the stove where I added the only color in the picture space.  Her gaze, the structure of the stove, the brick arch, and the color choice all build the sense of depth in the drawing.  
As always, thanks for looking at my daily drawings.  I appreciate your time and attention.  

4 comments:

  1. I like looking at your lively sketches. Love the touch of color in this one. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jo. I'm enjoying the time in my sketchbook. I enjoyed remembering this sweet view of our lovely Cookie.

      Delete
  2. I love the atmosphere in your picture, and you are talented. You should draw pictures for children books or other booklets. I could not draw so well such a lovely moment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Susi. I loved our little cat, Cookie, and I think it comes through here.

    ReplyDelete