Wednesday, December 27, 2017

"Dusk - Christmas Window" 9 x 6 mixed

We have a church across the street up a small hill.  Tonight I looked out the window (the window with our crazy santas on the sash) and saw the church outlined in the last light of dusk.  I completed a quick sketch, then blacked in the church silhouette with india ink, then laid in the blue dusk with pencil and pastel.  
The crazy santas on the windowsill are made of a couple of silver christmas balls, some red felt, and white cotton and glue.  I found them years ago in a bag in a consignment store.  Someone put a lot of effort into their creation decades ago.  I'm a firm believer that somethings are so tchotchke that they become beautiful again.  Many times it has to do with the time and effort expended.  The crazy santas are the product of a lot of time.  I intended to put them on packages, but couldn't let them go... they are too sweet.  
This is my 86th daily drawing.   Thank you for looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment