Monday, December 18, 2017

"By My Desk" ink 9 x 6

Most days this time of year I work until after dark.  This afternoon was no exception.  A number of students work in my room after school each day, then I spend about an hour grading and getting ready for the next day. As I was finishing up this afternoon, I decided to do my daily drawing at my desk.  I have a couple of bulletin boards with pictures of my homerooms from past years, a few bumper stickers I choose to display, the daily and yearly schedules, next to an algebra poster.  My desktop displays a Colin Page painting that I love.  Often, when I am not working on the computer, I'll display a painting I enjoy as a backdrop.  I got in the habit when I had a classroom without windows, essentially providing my own window. 
This is my seventy-seventh daily drawing.  Again, thank you for your time and attention.  

2 comments:

  1. You are an amazing artist. I have thoroughly enjoyed every drawing. I have your painting "December Glow" on display in my dining room. After the season is over, then I keep it on a surface in my studio. I love it so and am so proud to have it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words, Jerry. I am enjoying the time spent drawing each day.

      Delete