Sunday, March 11, 2018

Day 157 "Wendell Street" ink and markers 9 x 6

I headed into Boston early this morning, and wandered around the neighborhoods looking at the sun making its way between the buildings.  Downtown, I stopped on Wendell street, looking down this sweet alley, with a great layering of old against new, and sunlight reflecting from the new building back onto the old.  Very interesting.  
I love drawing the city buildings, examining their architectural details stories from the street.  As the city grows, I'm afraid these lovely notes will be harder to discover, as most new buildings seem very utilitarian and streamlined.  
Holding book up in front of the alley.
This is my hundred fifty-seventh daily drawing.  I love the city, and I love your thoughts about my drawings.  Thank you for looking.


No comments:

Post a Comment