Tuesday, March 06, 2018

Day 152 "Genius Bar" mixed 4 x 9

We had a chance to check in at the Genius Bar for some cell phone help the other day.  They did a great job answering questions and getting us the fix we needed.  While waiting, I noticed the beautiful silhouettes of the customers and did a quick sketch of them against the windows.  The store is designed with a  wall of glass with floor to ceiling windows.  It is a little otherworldly and oddly pleasant, which is not how I ever feel about any store.  
This is my hundred fifty-second daily drawing.  For this, I painted a black rectangle using ink, then drew the silhouettes with white conte, then used some pastel to shade in the lights.  I'm intrigued by the idea and can see a painting from this design.  As always, thank you for looking. 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks, Susi. The story is a little surreal with all the glass; looks like no walls at all.

    ReplyDelete