Tuesday, January 09, 2018

Day 99 "Still Life with Lemons" 6 x 12 mixed

I gathered a number of yellow things together to explore the warms and cools within one color family. It made an interesting painting exercise.  Here is a drawing of the still life setup with just a hint of the yellow, the rest left to the imagination.  It's an interesting exercise to think about how to make dark yellows, and cool yellows.  A while back, I wrote a blog post about the cool vs cold distinction in paintings, including an Edgar Payne painting.  Click through to see it.
This is my ninety-ninth daily drawing.  Thanks for your continued interest in my drawings and work. 

1 comment:

  1. Hello, we have a lot of lemonade in the summer, lemons are a symbol of freshness. I love lemons & grapefruits all year round.

    ReplyDelete