Saturday, January 20, 2018

Day 110 "Hot Chocolate" 6 x 9 mixed


We took a little walk today, felt like spring after weeks of gray and cold... stopped for coffee at Lucky Finn Cafe in Scituate Harbor.  The lovely and spare building serves coffee drinks and light sandwiches with a sweet view of the harbor.  The building used to house the Quarterdeck gift shop, which we frequented for its eclectic gifts, jewelry, photos and antiques.  We stayed briefly today, but I did a quick sketch of a mom and her I'm-guessing 3-year old.  The were enthralled with each other and enjoyed hot chocolate for a few minutes before continuing their walk.  
This is my hundred tenth daily drawing, a little grayer than I intended, but a sweet visit nonetheless.   As always, thanks for looking at my work.  I am enjoying the time drawing each day.  

2 comments:

  1. so pretty, and the atmosphere must be really fun there. I like the colours you used in the coffee place and what you say about the former gift shop. I hope it is still around and just moved?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Susi. The gift shop has moved on. It was so different from the atmosphere in the now coffee shop. The gift shop was gloriously cluttered and fascinating. The coffee shop is austere and peaceful.

    ReplyDelete