Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Day 114 "Brattle at Night" 6 x 9 pen&ink

Last night I was heading home from Cambridge through Harvard Square.  I used to spend a lot of time in Harvard Square, working down Mass Ave, half way between Central and Harvard Squares. I love the pageantry of city neighborhoods at night, lights, pedestrians, activity, and beautiful juxtaposition of light, dark, quiet, vibrant... exciting. And, I've always been a fan of the "mesh-lights-suspended-above-the-street".  Last night's post was an interpretation of the Square's festive lights using pastel on black ink.  Tonight, I used the same image of the Square, choosing to depict the night only with density of line.
This is my hundred fourteenth daily drawing.  Thank you for your time and interest.  

No comments:

Post a Comment