Monday, January 15, 2018

Day 104 "Sun Day" 12 x 9 mixed

 There is a kind gentleman in our church congregation who picks up flowers from the local grocery and brings bunches of them to church, leaving them in a bucket for anyone to take home after the service on Sunday.  Today I brought home a couple of bunches of sunflowers.  The last couple of weeks have been feeling pretty gray and dreary. The sun flowers were just the trick to brighten the room and the day.  I drew them with ink, added some watercolor pencil; my new Derwent Inktense and some older Derwent watercolor pencils to layer up the color. I like the pencils, because you can use them dry, add water, layer more pencil over the top which creates a variety of color and texture.  Then I added some Chinese White pastel
pencil to the background for some interest.  This is my 104th daily drawing.  Thank you for your continued interest.  

2 comments:

  1. So lovely again.
    it`s so generous to give flowers away on Sundays at church and these are beautiful. 🌻🌻🌻

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so gallant for this gentleman to bring flowers for all of us.

      Delete