Friday, August 04, 2017

"Chadwick House" watercolor & ink 7 x 12


Today was gray, sometimes foggy.  It was a great day to hang out in the village with sketchbook. I parked myself on the steps of the Black Duck, with a yummy cup of coffee, and drew across the street, where the Chadwick House was nestled behind its picket fence, a few trees and an old dory, long ago consigned to the land.  I had a chance to people watch, and spent some time talking with our two neighbors from just down the hill, then with a pleasant visitor from Round Pond, ME, and then a young couple, who turn out to have some connections to my hometown in MA.  I got back to the house and added a little color to the sketch, deciding to only color what was organic, leaving all man-made pieces unpainted... for now, or forever, will decide later.  

Again, thanks for looking.  I enjoy your comments, each and every one.


No comments:

Post a Comment