Thursday, February 21, 2019

Day 500 "Thoughts of Spring" gouache

I have been experimenting with gouache, and have a lot to learn.  I like the opacity, am getting used to the matte finish, and am working with the quick-ish drying.  This is a gouache painting of an oil painting I did a number of years ago.  I like the deep darks I can achieve, and I can carve with the paint as with oil paints.  I can drag dry paint over other paint, and the rapid drying on the paper is different, but interesting.  
This is my 500th daily drawing.  These five hundred days have passed quickly!  I am enjoying looking back over the last year and almost a half.  I have decided to put some of the daily drawings on my web site under a new sketchbook tab.  Take a look.  
As always, thank you for looking at my daily endeavors.  I enjoy your feedback.  

No comments:

Post a Comment