Monday, February 04, 2019

Daily Drawing 491 "Wood-Fired" crayon & ink, wax resist

I enjoy Woody's Grill & Tap in Boston, nice bar with great food just off the Northeastern University campus.  We ate at the bar recently where I enjoyed watching the choreography of the pizza maker and bartender as they navigate a narrow space with grace and speed. I rendered this scene using a wax resist process method and ink washes.  It is interesting to think about the arrangement of values and to work up the drawing from light to dark.  I laid in the lightest areas with white crayon, washed the entire surface with ink.  When dry, I used crayon on the next lightest areas, then washed again.  I did this four times, so the darkest areas have four layers of ink wash. The images below show the intermediate washes.  
This is my four hundred ninety-first daily drawing.  As always, thank you for looking, and you know I love your comments.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment