Friday, June 15, 2018

Day 249 "Counter Seat" pen & ink 6 x 9

Image result for Oceans 8Had a nice evening out with my daughter where we went to see "Ocean's 8" and then went out to grab a bite to eat at the local burger bar. I expected the movie to be a bit of a rip off of the Ocean's 11 movies, but didn't find it that way at all. 
 There is similarity in that a thief pulls together a team, each expert in their con artist field, to pull off a heist on the grandest scale.  It was dramatic, suspenseful, visually stunning, with some wry humor, with men only in very supporting roles.  We loved it.  Afterwards, she and I sat at the bar locally to grab a bite to eat.  We had a nice evening, and the view from the bar can be so fascinating, glittery, intricate, functional.  Great evening.
This is my two hundred forty-ninth daily drawing.  Thank you for your continued interest in my view of my world. 
 

2 comments:

  1. Jody great sketch...you managed to capture so much detail. Movie sounds like it was very entertaining. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Debbie. I loved all the detail in the bar, glad I could capture it. Enjoy your weekend, too.

      Delete