Thursday, November 02, 2017

"Horse Pull" 6 x 9 pen & ink #dailydrawing 33

I spend a lot of time at the Marshfield Fair in the summer, volunteering in one of the departments.  I try to spend time watching the horse pull each summer.  I love the way the horses work in tandem, and how they seem to want to pull the ever-increasing weights.  This pair of horses are being led to the sled carrying the weights.  It's a complex dance, the pair swinging wide, their handlers lining them up, holding the horses in check while they back the team up to the sled, drop the hook, and the team takes off.  In each team, one horse seems to dominate, setting the pace and direction for the team.  Both horses wear blinders.  I'll try to see it again next summer.
This is my 33 daily drawing using ink in some form.  Thank you for looking.

4 comments:

  1. This is beautiful. I do love horses so the subject caught my eye. Your ink sketches are great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kudos, Jo. I am enjoying drawing each day this fall.

      Delete
  2. This is an amazing drawing and beautifully executed.

    ReplyDelete