Wednesday, November 15, 2017

"Donuts on High" mixed 9 x 6 #dailydrawing #uskboston

Anyone who grew up in my hometown of Canton, MA, and of a certain age, will remember Charlie's Donuts.  I can still remember the taste and texture of their warm honey dipped donuts.  The only donut that I think even comes close, is Kane's.  They are situated on High Street in Boston.  It's a very-once-in-a-while treat if I take the boat or train into Boston.  Last spring, my friend Marianne and I spent a day during our April break painting in Boston.  We stopped at Kane's on our way across town, and enjoyed our donuts as we took a break in the Public Garden while painting.  I'm a bit of a purist, and don't explore the huge variety of donuts, just a twice-a-year honey dipped.  Yum. 
This is my forty-sixth daily drawing.  Thank you for taking the time to look at my work.  

No comments:

Post a Comment