Tuesday, November 21, 2017

"93 South" pen & ink 9 x 12

I have loved the Zakim Bridge, officially, the Leonard P. Zakim Bunker Hill Memorial Bridge, since it opened.  It is a gorgeous and open backdrop to the beautiful city. I find the contrast of the modern and traditional very pleasing.  The Zakim Bridge is lovely as you cross it, the view through the cables shifting constantly, forming a variety of vignettes.  A few years ago, my family and I took a Boston Duck Tour.  The Duck Boat meandered through a number of small roads in Cambridge, eventually entering the Charles River near the base of the Zakim.  I remember being thrilled that I could see new views of Boston framed by the Zakim's cables.  This is a view of the Zakim while driving into Boston from the North, and is my fifty-second daily drawing.  
Thank you for looking again at my take of the world around me.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment