Wednesday, May 01, 2019

Day 577 "Back of the Room" pen and ink on sticky notes

Once a month our students have a half day and we use the afternoon as Professional development time.  It's amazing how tough it is to find time with all the staff or some of the staff together to collaborate.   We started with an all staff budget meeting, then broke into groups of 10 or so to discuss our school mission statement written 5 years ago, to compare it against our school today as it has grown and evolved.  I enjoyed my group of colleagues, staff from kindergarten up through high school; some content teachers, Learning Services, school counseling... very different and valuable points of view.  For our initial meeting,  I sat half way back, and had time for my daily drawing, but only found a pad of sticky notes in my pocket.... so I used them to draw the crowd in front of me.  I liked the overlapping body shapes in layers as the crowd moved forward.  
This is my five hundred seventy-seventh daily drawing.  Thank you for your continued interest and your comments.  I appreciate it all.

2 comments:

  1. I love that you can always find something to draw, and it turns out so beautifully, no matter how dull the scene may seem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Mary. I like the patterns of people in front of people in front of more people.

    ReplyDelete