Sunday, April 28, 2019

Days 572 and 573 Dinner at a Pub - Coaster Art


It's nice to draw in a pub; lots of activity, people, interesting decor and interesting overlap of foreground to background, and often a view out the window with backlighting.  I carry some blank coasters with me, and draw on them, adding watercolor later.  The texture is interesting and super absorbent... coaster's job.  We ate at McGreevy's in Boston the other night, great food and a fun pub atmosphere.  The Red Sox game was cancelled as the skies opened up just after the game's starting time.... soggy fans poured in.  The onslaught got the kitchen confused and our food was delayed.  We didn't care.  It gave me more time to draw, and to enjoy dinner with my husband and daughter. The first two drawings were made while sitting in the pub, and the third from a photo I took out front as we left. 
These are my five hundred seventy-second and third daily drawings.  Thank you for your continued interest.    


No comments:

Post a Comment