Sunday, August 12, 2018

Day 305 "Big Sky" pastel over ink 6 x 9


My husband and I had a perfect vacation day, puttering around the house getting things done, doing errands, then creating a late lunch of salad with sauteed scallops... followed by a late afternoon movie "Mission Impossible - Fallout".  It was terrific, everything you hope for in a Mission Impossible movie, 
Tom Cruise running, and running some more; Simon Pegg at his best, rubber mask disguises, countdowns to destruction possibly (no spoilers here) being thwarted by the good guys, hair-raising chases on and above the ground.... just great.  We emerged to a big, powerful sky rising above the local buildings; huge cumulus clouds tinted pink and yellow.  
I painted a rectangle of black ink, then used pastel to create the sky.  I like some of the effect, but think the tower has the same visual weight as the clouds which diminishes their majesty.  I'll experiment some more.
This is my three hundred fifth daily drawing.  Thank you for your continued interest.  

No comments:

Post a Comment