Sunday, August 12, 2018

Day 301 "The Harbor" 8 x 5 ink & pencils

I love Monhegan Island's harbor.  Manana sparkles beyond it, providing an exciting backdrop.  With a fifteen minute walk, you can be standing in the water at Fish Beach, technically "in the harbor" or 110 feet above the harbor (according to my phone) looking down on the harbor.  It is ever present from the west side of the island and has various personalities.  The fog can lie in the harbor while the surrounding ocean is clear.  The water can sparkle like tropical aqua, or charge through as an angry gray blue. It is gorgeous and alive.  On this day, I stood with my feet in the bracing water, looking across at Manana.  The sight fills me up. 
This is my three hundred first daily drawing.  Thank you for looking.  

No comments:

Post a Comment