Sunday, August 12, 2018

Day 302 "Braintree T - Pick Up" ink & marker 6 x 9

Our daughter is living home this summer and commuting into the city via the T (that's short for the Mass Bay Transit Authority or MBTA for those not from the Boston area).  We're dropping off and picking up for these few weeks, time we enjoy in the car together.  The arrangement of pick up/drop off/cars/buses/pedestrians/parking garage egress and exit can be pretty hectic certain times of day.  Again, I don't mind, but timing is of the essence as there are very few places to stand, waiting for the sometimes-delayed commuter.  This day, I saw a bunch of cars standing along the back of the parking garage, away from the tracks and passenger discharge.  The loop in and out was pretty packed.  I attempted three times to have my circling coincide with a space emptying up front, and failing that, fell in with the "standing" crowd in the back.  Looking up, I saw this sweet scene, bounded by the signs above, the garage on the left, road and lampposts to my right, and some trees ahead, a little bit distant from this concrete conglomeration.  I had just enough time to get it into the sketch book before my passenger arrived.
This is my three hundred second daily drawing.  Thank you for taking a look.  

No comments:

Post a Comment