Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Day 287 "Village Sketches" - walking and sketching on Monhegan

 Today's goal on Monhegan was to walk farther than yesterday, to find a spot among the rocks to settle in and draw.  So, I walked down to "Swim Beach", interestingly named, because it is mostly too cold for swimming, found a way up onto the rocks and did some drawing.  My physical therapist and I have been practicing stepping up with balance onto a surface about a foot off the ground.  In fact, his parting words to me before vacation, after 30 of these step ups, were "Don't you think there are a LOT of rocks on Monhegan about 12 inches high?"  Hmmm.  Feeling listened to... So I drew for awhile, watched the visitors, then headed back to the local coffee shop for more sketching and people watching.  A family had a couple of dogs with them, who mostly hung out under the table, although the spaniel was on alert every time the door opened.. never confrontational, just watching.  You can see below how I began my drawing.  
This is my two hundred eighty-seventh daily drawing submission.  Thank you for looking.  


No comments:

Post a Comment