Sunday, January 27, 2019

Day 483 "Undefeated" pen, ink, watercolor 5 x 8

My 10-year old nephew is playing some indoor soccer this winter.  I love to go watch these guys run around the playing field.  They are so much better than I imagined 10-year olds could be. Each has their own playing personality, and they aren't afraid to dribble the ball around opponents, throw fakes, and are now learning to use the boards for ricocheting the ball back into the play.   Great stuff!!!  I like finding my way through the rabbit warren of halls in this sports arena, sitting in the stands listening to all the chatter between parents, while I visit with my sister-in-law.  My brother is the coach... or assistant coach, of soccer, coach of baseball, and will be coaching an indoor baseball clinic this winter with 90 4-5th graders.  Good for him.  He's amazingly patient with the boys who are organized chaos.  I can see their progress week to week.  
Enjoyed watching them play this afternoon, a good, solid victory. BTW, I'm not sure why the ref looks like he's doing the Charleston.  Just happened.
This is my four hundred eighty-third daily drawing.  Thank you for your continued interest.

No comments:

Post a Comment