Sunday, September 30, 2018

Day 365 "September Dusk" ink, watercolor, pencil 6 x 9

It's day 365!!  I have completed a drawing each day for a year.  It's a reminder how fast a year passes, and I have enjoyed looking back through the 365 days this afternoon.  As a review, last October 1st, I committed to participating in Inktober, a drawing using ink every day of October.  Thank you to my friend Sally Dean for suggesting the endeavor.  I completed a drawing every day of October, and knew right away on November 1st, that I was not finished... so I continued on.  Each of my drawings was completed that day, including the two days in May I spent in the hospital having my knee replaced.  Each drawing took between 1/2 hour to about 3 hours to complete.  There were a few days when it was a stretch to get the drawing completed. I have drawn waiting for trains, planes, appointments, at restaurants, coffee shops, school meetings, movie theaters.  I carry a sketchbook with me everywhere I go, and have set up a "cave" of easily-reached supplies next to my seat in the living room.  Many of the drawings include watercolor, pastel, markers, pencils, watercolor pencils, or a combination of them.  
I have enjoyed the year, and will continue tomorrow with day 366.  
Thank you so much for following along!   
This is  drawing of our beautiful North River late in the day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment