Wednesday, July 31, 2019

In Love with an Island - Monhegan's neighbor Manana


Each summer we spend two weeks on Monhegan Island in Maine.  It is 10 miles east of the coast of Maine, sitting in all its 1.5 mile by .5 mile gloriousness.  Monhegan has a small neighbor island, Manana, which forms the sheltered harbor here.  I have written about Manana many times, here, and again here, or here, here, or here, and again here.  In fact, if you search my blog for "Manana" you'll have a lot to read, and/or see.  This week I have added a number of Manana views to my sketchbook.  Here are a few of them.  I will add another post soon with some more.  
I love painting Manana from above, below, through windows, beyond boats... just love it.  The Monhegan Museum has a splendid collection of work, including fascinating paintings of Manana in all its personalities, seasons, and times of day.  A couple of favorites are my Aldro Hibbard and Andrew Winter.  As always, thank you for looking at my work.  I appreciate your thoughts and your comments.   





No comments:

Post a Comment