Saturday, March 30, 2013

"Distant Manana" and a spring show

I have written before of my fascination with Manana, across the harbor from Monhegan Island, ME.  "Distant Manana" is another view of the small, (mostly) uninhabited island, as seen from the rocks at Dead Man's Cove, a beautiful spot to spend a few hours.  An occasional hiker happens by, lots of gulls on a nearby rocky outcrop, waves, the ferries passing in and out.  
Last night, I had dinner with a couple of friendsThey described a day they spent together on the coast last summer.  The conversation bounced back and forth between them as they relived what they termed "the perfect day".  I listened, and responded, but a part of my brain was sitting in Dead Man's Cove having my own "perfect day".

"Distant Manana" is on view at the South Shore Natural Science Center  in Norwell, MA in the invitational show "Spring Stirrings".  The exhibit runs March 27 - April 30th.  If you're local, hope to see you at the opening reception on April 4th from 6 - 8pm.  As always, thanks for looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment