Tuesday, December 06, 2022

"Drawn Out" - showing at the Hingham Public Library Dec 3 - Jan 5

Please consider visiting the Dolphin Gallery of the Hingham Public Library to see my solo exhibit "Drawn Out", hosted by North River Arts Society.  Dec 3 - Jan 5 with an opening reception on December 8 at 5:30. This show of seventy-two images chronicles my 5+ year commitment to drawing/painting every day.  I started with a vow to paint/draw each day for one month back in 2017; the month turned into a daily practice that I plan to continue.  

You can follow my Instagram @jodypaints where you will see a drawing/painting created on that day.  Every Day.

Turns out I LOVE drawing in public, capturing the beauty, grace, and poetry of the world around me. I find inspiration everywhere.

I hope you'll find some time to check it out. Take a look at some pictures below... thank goodness for my hard-working hanging crew and the Frame Center in Hanover.


"People" themed board at the show

Whole library wall, almost finished

Measuring and leveling

Scale drawing of each board

Scale drawing of the entire wall

You can draw from anywhere, including the car

Drawing at a local restaurant

 

No comments:

Post a Comment