Sunday, March 03, 2019

Day 518 "Morning Light" watercolor 5 x 8 - a snowy spring day


My husband likes to get to church early on Sunday morning to organize his thoughts, conduct book study, and get settled in before the congregation arrives.  We drive together, but I like to hang outside and draw somewhere nearby. This winter, I noticed the shadows cast up the street on the Old Ordinary, home of the Hingham Historical Society.  I posted my five hundred fourth drawing of the building using ink and markers a couple of weeks ago, with its beautiful shadow pattern.  Today I used my watercolors for the same view.  There is a snow storm predicted for tonight, so the clouds were encroaching, but I could see the shadows intermittently and took advantage. 
You can see my in process photograph below, taken from the dash board of my car as I painted this morning. 
This is my five hundred eighteenth daily drawing.  Thank you, as always, for looking.

2 comments:

  1. you are amazing and inspirational. I love your work <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Mary. I am working hard, and have ideas about what to explore and where I need to work. Very satisfying part of every day. Thank you for your enthusiasm.

    ReplyDelete