Friday, October 27, 2017

"Afternoon in the Park" white conte pencil on ink 4 x 5 #Inktober

This is a black and white study of a painting I found years ago which I thought was beautifully designed and the values handled masterfully.  I can not attribute the original work, but it is not mine.   I explored the composition using a white conte pencil on an ink ground.  The ink provided some tooth for the conte pencil, which layers up very nicely.  The drawing is rendered in three values, which reinforces how powerful this design is.  Studying other artists' works can be very valuable.  My gut tells me it might be Carol Marine, but I have researched and can not verify.... mystery.  If you know the painting, please let me know and I will attribute.
This is my 27th entry into #Inktober.   As always, thank you so much for looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment