Tuesday, February 17, 2015

"At the Lobster Dock" pen & ink 6 x 9

This is the first design sketch for a painting I'm contemplating.  We spent a week in South Bristol, ME at a friend's family cottage for a few Junes in a row, sharing the house with friends and their son, a year+ younger than our daughter.  It was a great house, on its own cove.  We would kayak, play games, clam, cook, hunt fireflies, read books, build caves from blankets and furniture.... such a great place.  And, we would spend one of our days in Boothbay Harbor, parking across the Harbor, lunching at the Lobster Dock, then walking across on the footbridge.  I have always loved the photograph of our daughter I used as inspiration for this drawing.  I'm going to work this into a painting.  Details to follow.

3 comments:

  1. Oh this is going to be fabulous! I already love the drawing and cannot wait to see this one completed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice composition...I like how the woodwork frames your daughter.... it will be interesting to see its development!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Maureen. I added some color to ghe drawing this week and am going to translate to an oil painting.

      Delete