Friday, July 13, 2018

Day 276 "Mookie - Grand Slam!" 6 x 9 pen & ink

Last night we went to the Red Sox game, an anniversary gift from our daughter.  It was a beautiful July night in the bleachers, big sky, sparkling air.  We haven't been to a game in a few years, and haven't sat out in the bleachers in decades.  A few observations:  I could see home plate from the bleachers a lot better decades ago.  Social media is fun at the baseball game! We discovered several friends who were at the same game via social media.  I still like to keep score at the game which helps me follow each batter.   The bleachers are more friendly than I remembered them decades ago.  There were no drunken brawls, no one throwing open mustard packets down through the crowd, and no fights!  There was an interesting interference call with two men at the bleacher wall leaning over and deflecting a ball that was going to bounce of the ball.  We saw them bounced from the game.  The wave is still a thing.  
I asked my husband to keep score during one inning while I began a sketch as you can see here.  He got the busiest inning, in which Mookie Betts hit a grand slam after fouling off seven pitches.  Very exciting!!!
The finished sketch is above.  I added the sense of the crowd, and a hint of the ever present red of the Red Sox.  This is my two hundred seventy-sixth daily drawing.  Thank you for your continued interest.  

No comments:

Post a Comment