Wednesday, July 11, 2018

Day 272 "Jason" pencil 14 x 11


Once a month, I meet with several artist friends to work on our figure and portrait skills, practice I really need.  The first time I went, we took turns posing for short poses, each finishing with a 15 or 20 minute pose.  I posted my best drawing from that session back in April.  I appreciate the time together, and the practice is so beneficial.  This week, we had a model, Jason.  He did a great job, and we had time for a couple of drawings.  This was a approximately an hour pose.  I spent a lot of time measuring, and feel that I captured some of his essence, but made him a little younger than he really is.  More practice!  You can see all our drawings here as well.  
This is my two hundred seventy-second daily drawing.  Thank you for looking.  I appreciate your comments.   

No comments:

Post a Comment