Monday, July 02, 2018

Day 262 "Scituate Harbor Dusk Block In" 9 x 12 oil


 I have begun converting some of my daily drawings to oil paintings.  You can see my reference drawing here to the left, and read its blog post here.  It is an interesting exercise, using only the daily drawing as reference, and thinking about how to convert those renderings into an oil painting.  Before I begin, there is some thought about how to begin the process.  In this case, I covered the entire board with a neutral ground, about value 4 on a 1-5 scale.  Then I carefully wiped out all the lights using a clean brush, clean towel and my solvent of choice, which is Gamsol. This is my two hundred sixty-second daily drawing, and only the second not using ink in some way.  I will post the finished painting on my blog later.
Thank you for your continued interest. 

No comments:

Post a Comment