Thursday, July 12, 2018

Day 275 "Royal Palace - Madrid" 7 x 9 pen, ink, markers

Several years (just counted, more than several years) ago my daughter and I joined a school trip to southern Spain.  It was a blast, and she got hit with the travel bug.  It was her first flight, and a long one, as tour companies may sometimes provide more circuitous routes to a destination to save some money.  We flew to DC, then to Frankfort, then to Madrid, with a delay or two along the way.  Thank goodness she loves to fly, which we did not know until the moment we took off.  Whew!  We spent a few days in Madrid, moving on to Seville, Granada, Salamanca, Cordoba. It was a wonderful trip.  This is from a picture I took within the Royal Palace of Madrid.  It is lavish, opulent, with these airy curtains billowing while allowing a hint of the view across the courtyard.  It's a nice reminder for me of our wonderful trip.
This is my two hundred seventy-fifth  daily drawing.  Thank you for allowing me to reminisce and for your continued interest. 

No comments:

Post a Comment