Tuesday, November 28, 2017

"Tumbled Rocks" 4 x 6 mixed

Another image from one of my favorite spots on the Maine Coast, the Kresge rocks on Pemaquid Point.  I am standing out on the rocks, looking to the north.  

In fact, here is a photo of me painting joyfully on those rocks a few years ago.  I remember then, a friend asked if I was worried about falling off the rocks.  As artists, we know we can get completely absorbed in what we are doing.  I guess the worry is that I would become absorbed, step back to look at my work and fall into a crevasse.  It's not going to happen.  I DO get completely focused on what I'm doing, but stepping back to look at my work is part of the absorption.  I'm pretty careful.  
This is my fifty-eighth daily drawing.  This and yesterday's post are both sketchbook drawings of a couple of my Maine coastal paintings.  Thank you for looking.  

No comments:

Post a Comment