Monday, November 06, 2017

"Sorolla's Seat" 9x6 pen&ink #Dailydrawing

I had a chance to visit Sorolla's home while in Madrid a number of years ago.  We were on a busy tour schedule, and had an arduous 24+ hours of flight/wait/flight/run/flight to arrive in Madrid, as tour companies sometimes do.  The next day we were supposed to visit the Prada, but I knew time in Madrid was short, so arranged to grab a taxi up there with my daughter, then 11 years old.  Walking across the threshold took my breath away.  It was as if Sorolla just stood up and walked away from his studio.  His home is now a museum, with paintings hanging throughout the rooms.  It was wonderful. I love the blue and white jars  in which he kept his paint brushes.  I'm not sure what they contained originally.
I hope I get the chance to visit again.  This is my thirty-seventh daily drawing.  As always, thank you for looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment