Sunday, November 05, 2017

"Stopping on HIgh Street" 9 x 12 mixed #dailydrawing

Once in a while, I pick my husband up from work on High Street in Boston.  It's  a pretty straight shot up the expressway, and a surprisingly reasonable ride in the afternoon, going against the mass exodus of homeward-bound drivers.  Just as I turn onto High Street, this is my view.  I enjoy the shadowed buildings against the sky, with some late sunlight sneaking behind the buildings.  
I drew the scene with fine point indelible marker, then added warm gray to all the shadow areas, which is the dominant shape in this scene.  I used colored pencil, black to emphasize the shadow, and a little red and orange in the stop lights.  
This is my thirty-fifth daily drawing... thank you for looking.      

2 comments:

  1. Good job. I can definitely see South Station on the right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy finding little gems while drawing, such as the profile of South Station with the hint of derail that describes a carved medallion way up yhat is lodged in my memory.

    ReplyDelete