Friday, January 16, 2015

"Family Lunch" watercolor & ink 7 x 9

First take on this image from a local burger joint.  I liked the backlit family having lunch one afternoon. I am enjoying the juxtaposition of figures against structural framing, and the light streaming in the doorway.  People watching is one of my favorite pastimes.  Last year I brought each of my 8th grade math classes to a local sandwich shop.  I gave them each a math packet which they worked on while they ate and chatted.  This year, I plan to bring my art project students with their sketch books.  I'll give them some direction ahead of time about how to sketch scenes without making anyone self conscious.  Should be fun!  I'm planning to make another go at this image.  

Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

  1. love it love it love it.
    You are making great memories with your students and they'll remember their time with you, forever.

    ReplyDelete