Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Cathedral Woods - two takes

 A couple of images from my visits to Monhegan Island, both painted in Cathedral Woods.  There is a glade, in the woods where everything opens up, sun streams through the trees, and you are far enough (tough on Monhegan) from the water not to hear and sense its presence.  All sounds are muffled by the trees, and pine needle carpet.  It is a holy place.

It's very interesting for me to look at my choice of palette in both these images, done in different media a couple of years apart.  I use more limited palette with my oils.  Hmmm..

Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

  1. I love these colors

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Pam. It was really interesting for me to see the similarities in my colors with different media painted in different years.

      Delete