Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Day 253 "Garden Tour" 9 x 6 ink, watercolor, pencils


Our community has a small public library, the Clift Rodgers Free Library and Consignment Shop.  It is open to the public, and totally self-supporting, through the consignment shop upstairs and its fundraising efforts.  Today was the annual garden tour to benefit the library.  I painted in this particular garden.  It's always nice to hear the gardeners chatting away about plant varieties and techniques.  It was an absolutely gorgeous day.  I sat in a vegetable patch in the garden, looking at beautiful lettuce, chard, strawberry plants, overseen by a cherub and an active birdhouse on a post. The main house was in the background with lots of visitors, lemonade, and cookies.  As I said, a lovely day. To the left you can see my painting without the garden fence where I sat.  I decided it needed the barest hint of the wire fence for context, else the column was detached and didn't make as much sense.
This is my two hundred fifty-third daily drawing.  Thank you for your continued interest in my view of the world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment