Sunday, March 31, 2019

Day 546 "Sunday AM View" ink & watercolor

Sunday mornings, I usually sit in the same pew in church.  New North Church  in Hinhgam has the oldest pews in town.  They are labeled with the original pew holders' names, including Benjamin Lincoln, Revolutionary War hero who accepted Cornwallis' sword at Yorktown. Today I moved forward one pew, and saw this out the window, through the ancient rippled glass.  I drew while listening to a fascinating sermon about The Prodigal Son, where I always think the older, responsible son had a right to be cranky.  We had a lively and interesting discussion afterwards, with a variety of points of view.  Edifying.  
This is my five hundred forty-sixth daily drawing.  As always, thank you for looking, and for your continued interest in my work.

2 comments:

  1. I really love this. I also love the history of the area. Benjamin Lincoln is an ancestor of mine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Magsss. The front door of the church opens to a view of the Lincoln statue in a small park, and on the other side is Benjamin Lincoln's home; lived in by a direct descendant. So much history in view. I like the patina on the pews in New North Church, and often think of the generations who have worshipped in that space. Thanks for your comment and your interest.

      Delete