Sunday, March 24, 2019

Day 539 "Coaster Art - NY City Lunch" ink & watercolor


Spent a wonderful weekend in New York with my daughter... no agenda beyond attending a Friday night live performance of the podcast Wine and Crime, which was a blast.  We spent Saturday walking through parts of the city, drawing in Bryant Park, exploring the NYC Public Library, Steven Shwarzman building, touring St. Patrick's Cathedral, and popped into MJ Smith's Food and Spirits for a great burger, and some time for "coaster art".  I have my own coasters that I keep in my sketchbook, in case I have lunch in a pub that suits.  This one certainly did.  You can see photos of my drawings in progress here.  I added watercolor this morning while sipping coffee at my cousin's sunny counter.  A great weekend, refreshing, stimulating.  New York is a visual feast for the eye... and I loved meandering without agenda, taking in the sights.  
This is my five hundred thirty-ninth daily drawing.  Thank you for your continued interest.  


No comments:

Post a Comment