Monday, July 10, 2017

"Monumental Evening" oil 10 x 20


I lived in Washington DC during most of my twenties.  I loved the city, and have been back for a number of visits since then.  Recently, my daughter and I took a week-long road trip, spending a couple of days in DC.  The city is even more beautiful than I remembered.  We had beautiful weather, dry, bright, and sparkling.  One evening, NC Wyeth-like clouds formed behind the monuments as the sun set over the Potomac.  What a lovely day. 
The Girls Just Wanna Paint theme for June was "value".  Regardless of the political turmoil roiling about our nation's capitol, the city is active, vibrant, multicultural, and a reminder that each of us has something to contribute to the value of our nation.  See the rest of the Girls Just Wanna Paint interpretations of "value" here.

No comments:

Post a Comment