Friday, May 25, 2018

Day 232 "Guns of Navarone" 6 x 9 ink and markers


 Tonight we watched "The Guns of Navarone", 1961, based on the book by Alistair MacLean.  I read the book in my late teens, along with the James Bond novels, Taylor Caldwell historical fiction, and a bunch of Margaret Truman murder mysteries.  "The Guns of Navarone" has a strong cast, including David Niven, Gregory Peck and Anthony Quinn, filmed in Greece, using a lot of locals.  Tonight, as I watched, I noticed how well designed many of the scenes were in this World War II action drama.  The movie was directed by J. Lee Thompson. 
This is a sketch of a very tense scene during which the band on the mission discovers a traitor in their midst. 
This is my two hundred thirty-second daily drawing.  Thank you for taking a look at the world through my eyes. 


2 comments:

  1. Fabulous! I saw that was on last night but admit I changed the channel...much as I love old movies, spy type, war type, western type...none of those are my faves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Autumn. I love those old movies, and the other night, really saw how beautifully the scenes were designed.

    ReplyDelete