Sunday, February 11, 2018

Day 130 "Versailles Chandelier" 7 x 5 mixed

A few years ago, my daughter and I took a school trip to France.  She was enthralled with the chandeliers on our trip.  As a result, I have photos of a number of opulent lighting fixtures from our trip.  This is a chandelier hanging in one of Versailles multitude of rooms.  I loved its crystals, sparkling in front of the window. Every inch of each room in this palace is decorated, dripping with detail and beauty.  A feast.  
When we arrived in Paris, we met our local guide for the days we were there.   I will always remember her elegant appearance and her first statement to our busload of tourists. "Bonjour.  My name is Helene avec un "H"".  It sounded like, "Bonjour, my name is Elaine avec un  haiche".   She was terrific. She is pictured here below.
This is my hundred thirtieth daily drawing.  As always, thank you for looking. 

No comments:

Post a Comment