Saturday, January 13, 2018

Day 102 "Safe Space" mixed 8 x 9


Four and a half years ago we went to meet a brother/sister pair of kittens in their foster home.  We brought Fred and Maggie home a few days later, though I believe they had different names back then.  Not sure how the names occurred to us, but as pet names sometimes do, they popped into our heads quickly, in fact, while the kittens were in their crate with us on the way home.  They are a joy, and both lap cats.   My hundred and second drawing is Fred lying on my husband's lap, as happens almost every day... Fred's safe space.  
Thank you for continuing to look at my drawings each day.  

2 comments:

  1. This drawing really speaks to me. It is so beautifully executed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jerry. I like how Fred (the cat) is backlit, and I designed the edges so that he and my husband are one unit, which is how I think Fred feels when he is on my husband's lap.

      Delete