Saturday, May 06, 2017

"Inside Out" complete oil 8 x 10


The Girls Just Wanna Paint challenge for last month was "imagination".  I found myself returning to a living situation I imagine for myself whenever I'm in Boston, which is frequently these days.  I invented an imaginary living room with view of the lovely vintage rooftops I enjoy seeing carved against the sky.  I posted the painting on the GJWP site as a work in progress, not completely resolved.  Here is the completed painting with a few adjustments.
I've had a thing for casement windows, maybe since I first saw Greer Garson in "Mrs Miniver" looking out her English village casement windows at her pilot son in the R.A.F.  who would tip his wing to her as he flew over the house. I added a version of casement windows to my imaginary Boston abode.  I pushed the light and dark in the composition, and added some more interest in the apartment.  
You can see all the imagination challenge paintings Here.  As always, thanks for looking.




No comments:

Post a Comment