Sunday, May 06, 2012

"Orange and Green", 8 x 6 inches, oil painting

                                                                     
$100 & $10 S&H

Sold
I love the glow of honey on my spoon, in a lovely crystal honey pot, in a beautiful bottle or jar, or in a bear.  Seems the grocery stores now carry a lot of honey bears with flat tops.. certainly not the same as the iconic pointy shape, though I shouldn't discriminate against the flat top altogether... perhaps a painting for another time.  For now, I'm enjoying this quiet guy against his green backdrop. 

 I've contemplated painting him as the honey is used, a series of paintings with a horizontal line descending with each painting.  Somehow it strikes me as a bit macabre, a la Vincent Price as Dr. Phibes, but it might be interesting to line a few of the bears up with honey at differing levels, like musical water glasses.   Thanks for looking.



                                            

No comments:

Post a Comment