Monday, April 15, 2019

Day 560 and more - Patterns in Doodles


 Sometimes I create my daily drawing at night, and am interested in exploring patterns, without intent.  I will lay down an asymmetrical grid pattern and begin mark-making.  Occasionally, the lines are more organic, other times more structural.  Interestingly, I almost always draw my sketchbook work that is representational using straight lines, seldom curves.  But, when I doodle these structures, I often opt for curved lines.  As I fill in the space, I am sometimes driven by the density of lines in the grid, and will look for where more detail is needed. 

These are interesting to me... expect to see more in the future. As always, thank you for looking.  I appreciate your interest, and your comments. 

No comments:

Post a Comment